: Products : Legacy Products : Armorwire®
Wire Rope Barrier Systems
Armorwire® Wire Rope Barrier Systems
View Related Projects
OTHER RELATED PRODUCTS
Universal TAU-II™ Crash Cushion
STANDARDS AND APPROVALS
Armorwire® Wire Rope Barriers have been designed and tested to meet the evaluation cirteria of NCHRP 350 Test Level 3 and 4.
Test Level 4 - 4 Rope Armorwire® only has been accepted by NZ Transport Agency for use on New Zealand State Highways.
For technical drawings of Armorwire® Wire Rope TL-3 - 3 and TL-4 -4 Wire Rope Barrier go to the Installation & Product Manual or the Technical Drawings section of the website.
Crash Test Results
Crash test deflection results - test barrier length 130m including terminal ends
2000 kg pickup truck at 100kph at 25' angle
|8000 kg truck at 80kph at 15' angle
- All posts are hot dip galvanised with a white powder coated finish to comply with AS 4506-2005. For more click here.
- A ‘galvanised only’ option is available on request which can only be used on non-state highways.
- Wire Rope - 19mm 3 x 7 strand, pre-stretched by 35%
- Cable heights (to the centre) as per the technical drawings
- Typical line post footing piles are 300 diameter x 750mm (0.05m3)
- Length of need is met at Post 5 (where post 1 is the trigger post)
- Posts 2 - 5 are spaced at 2m (LoN to the trigger post)