Traffic cones - also called pylons, witches' hats, road cones, highway cones, safety cones, channelising devices or construction cones - are cone-shaped markers placed on roads or footpaths to temporarily redirect traffic in a safe manner – so says Wikipedia. But do they redirect traffic in a safe manner? They are not designed to stop an errant vehicle or protect roadside workers, they are designed to be delineation markers – and that's all they should be used for.
Don’t put your people or equipment at risk by relying on orange cones. Talk to us about our range of temporary barriers which are tested and approved for speeds up to 100kph – when installed correctly.
Water-Wall TL-1 Plastic Water Filled Barrier
- These 100% polyethylene water-filled units are joined using a steel connector.
- They provide work-zone protection to temporary construction sites.
- They’re suitable for surrounding construction site work-zones on 50kph roads - TL-1.
ArmorZone™ TL-2 Plastic Water Filled Barrier
- A durable plastic water-filled, side protective, crash barrier system.
- They can be used in situations such as protecting the public surrounding construction site work-zones on 70kph roads -TL-2.
- They are simple and easy to install with no special installation requirements.
MASH TL-2 TrafFix Water Cable Barrier
- TraFfix Water Cable Barrier MASH TL-2, is a plastic, water filled, portable barrier that provides positive protection to the work zone.
- It is designed to redirect a vehicle and bring it to a controlled stop meeting the TL-1 and TL-2 requirements as a longitudinal barrier MASH.
- It uses water dispersion in combination with moulded-in steel cables.
BarrierGuard 800 TL-3 and 4 Steel Barrier
- A light weight steel barrier system that is accepted at NCHRP 350 TL-3 & 4.
- Sections weigh 90kgs/metre - 144 lineal metres can be delivered on one truck.
- The lighter weight of the units makes installation quicker, safer and less labour intensive.
- Can be used with most temporary and permanent crash cushion end treatments.
ABSORB 350® TL2 and 3 Crash Cushion
- A water-filled, non-re-directive, gating crash cushion.
- Accepted at NCHRP 350 TL-2 and 3.
- It can attach to portable, permanent and moveable concrete and steel barrier.
To ensure maximum protection for your people make sure the barrier system you have on site is installed correctly as per CSP Pacific’s Installation Checklist which can be found on the product page for each of the barrier systems or by downloading the ChekRite App – an App for managing data capture processes such as inspections and checklists.
Don't leave the safety of your people to chance by relying on an orange cone or by not filling the barriers, or not connecting them properly - or at all. Follow the proper installation instructions for peace of mind. Talk to us today about a temporary barrier solution to suit your needs.
Ph: CSP Pacific on 0800 655200 or