: Products : Wire Rope Barrier : Armorwire Wire Rope Barrier Systems
Armorwire Wire Rope Barrier Systems
View Related Projects
STANDARDS AND APPROVALS
Armorwire Wire Rope Barriers have been designed and tested to meet the evaluation cirteria of NCHRP 350 Test Level 3 and 4.
Test Level 4 - 4 Rope Armorwire only has been accepted by NZTA for use on New Zealand State Highways.
For technical drawings of Armorwire Wire Rope TL-3 - 3 and TL-4 -4 Wire Rope Barrier go to the Installation & Product Manual or the Technical Drawings section of the website.
Crash Test Results
Crash test deflection results - test barrier length 130m including terminal ends
2000 kg pickup truck at 100kph at 25' angle
|8000 kg truck at 80kph at 15' angle
- All posts are hot dip galvanised with a white powder coated finish to comply with AS 4506-2005. For more click here.
- A ‘galvanised only’ option is available on request which can only be used on non-state highways.
- Wire Rope - 19mm 3 x 7 strand, pre-stretched by 35%
- Cable heights (to the centre) as per the technical drawings
- Typical line post footing piles are 300 diameter x 750mm (0.05m3)
- Length of need is met at Post 5 (where post 1 is the trigger post)
- Posts 2 - 5 are spaced at 2m (LoN to the trigger post)