Oclyte™ Streetlight Columns
Electricity under grounding has led to an increasing demand for an aesthetically pleasing column for streetlighting in both residential and commercial areas. The Oclyte™ column provides an extremely versatile combination of mounting heights, base types and outreach shapes to satisfy the requirements of the asset owner.
Oclyte™ modular steel columns comprise of a range of interchangeable octagonal tapered steel elements each which friction fit together to provide the desired height between 3 and 13m. These steel galvanised octagonal sectional columns come in a number of mounting heights and installation options to suit any streetlighting requirements.
The columns are manufactured from mild steel with a minimum yield of 250 MPa ranging in thickness from 2, 3 and 4mm, which, after folding, is seam welded and then hot dip galvanised to finish. Higher yield steels are also used where high loads and taper constraints dictate.
The following Standards apply:
- NZS 3404: 2009 - New Zealand structural steel design standard (includes fabrication)
- AS/NZS 4680: 2006 - Hot Dip Galvanized (Zinc) Coatings on Fabricated Ferrous Articles
The Oclyte™ columns are computer designed, based on the sail area for the particular wind speed at the installation, to the following Standards:
- NZS 3404: 2009 - New Zealand structural steel design standard
- AS/NZS 4600: 2005 - Cold-formed steel structures design standard
- AS/NZS 1170: 2011 - Structural Design Actions
- AS/NZS 4676: 2000 - Structural design requirements for utility services poles
- AS/NZS 4676: 2000 - Fixed platforms, walkways, stairways and ladders
The octagonal sections are generally 3.6 metres in length with half-sections used where necessary to provide a full range of mounting heights. They are enumerated from section '0' at the top, to section '7' at the base. The poles have an approximate taper of 21mm per metre.
Terms & Conditions of Sale >